Message From the President
The tour has begun! Everyone arrived around August 21 and since then we have had many opportunities to share what CCI is doing in SE Asia. We have already made presentations with a group of businessmen, six churches, participated in a BTCP orientation, shared at a missions dinner, listened to a professional guitarist (David Speegle) sing worship songs to the Lord, canoed on the Hillsborough River, watched the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Boston Red Sox 10-3, and enjoyed fellowship while breaking bread with many loving believers. We have witnessed many people encouraged, challenged, and moved to tears by the testimonies of our 7 directors. Many have prayed for each of our men for God’s provision, protection, and power. Continue to pray for us on this journey. If you live near one of these places listed below, please come to see and hear what God is doing!
Grace and peace,
Dr. David Nelson
President and Founder
The Person God Uses and Honors Campaign (East Coast Tour)
Beginning on August 21, President Dr. David Nelson and 7 National Directors from SE Asia will tour the East Coast, beginning in Florida, traveling through Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York. In 50 days, we will visit 21 churches and visit with many ministry partners. Here are our national directors and where they are from: Frids (Indonesia), Henry (Philippines), YHanh (Vietnam), Somsay (Laos), Kittikun (Thailand), Sitha (Cambodia), and Khup (Myanmar). Here is our presentation schedule:
September 12 Front Street Baptist Church, Statesville NC
September 16 Fort Trial Baptist Church, Bassett VA
September 16 Rich Acres Baptist Church, Martinsville VA
September 19 Berlin First Baptist Church, Berlin MD
September 22 Missions banquet, Mountain View Chapel, Douglassville, PA
September 23 North Point Community Church, Spring City, PA
September 23 Hope Community Church, Gilbertsville, PA
September 30 Crossing Community Church, Newtown, PA
September 30 A Church of Living Hope, Langhorne, PA
October 3 Sherman Bible Chapel, Deposit NY
October 4 Christian Church of Charlestown Four Corners, Charlestown NY
October 5-7 Missions Conference, Grapeville Baptist Church, Surprise NY
As you can see, we have quite a schedule. If you live in an area where we are visiting, we invite you to come join with us and see what God is doing in these countries. If you would like to meet with the team personally, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 813-217-5077. Thanks so much!
Pictures from CCI SE Asia East Coast Tour 2018
The Tour begins.
Pastor Y Hanh Rmah is explaining about BTCP book 6 Personal Spiritual Life.
First day of meetings with the other National Directors of CCI in South East Asia and North America.
Graduation ceremony at The Bridge Worship Community.
Great fellowship, exercise, and relaxation down the Hillsborough river with Canoe Escape.
Wonderful opportunities, fellowship, and sharing at Sun Coast Baptist Church in New Port Richey.
David and Mickey.
Great fellowship with Mickey and Johanna.
Professional guitarist David Speegle leading in worship.
Daniel Long praying over Frids Lumba and for the needs of the country directors from CCI.
CCI’s Financial Integrity
Click below to learn more about CCI’s commitment to financial integrity through our compliance with ECFA standards
Invest in equipping Christ followers globally
We focus on equipping, multiplying, and empowering servant leaders for Christ’s kingdom and glory. Prayerfully consider giving to God’s work through CCI!
Credit Card: To give by credit card, click Here.
Personal Check: Make your personal check payable to: Crossing Cultures International. On a separate note, indicate the purpose of your gift. Please mail to:
235 W. Brandon Blvd. #610
Brandon FL 33511
Bill Pay Through Your Bank: Contact your financial institution to set up bill pay. Your bank will send a check each month. For assistance, please call us at 813-217-5077.
PayPal Donations: Please use this link to CCI PayPal. In the note section, indicate the purpose of your gift. If you have any questions, call 813-217-5077.
Automatic Check Withdrawal (ACH): For Automatic Check Withdrawal (ACH), you may use our partnering organization, called eGive. First time users must register, existing users need to log-in. For assistance, please call us at 813-217-5077.
Prayer Needs & Praises
Pastor Manny and Linda Gocon
- Praise God for two Teacher Training Workshops Pastor Manny conducted this week. Ask God to lead each participant to start a BTCP class in their church.
- Praise God, too, for a new BTCP class which began this week in Sto. Domingo, Nueva Ecija.
- On September 4, Linda will begin a ladies’ Bible study with house helpers from the missionary community around the Cainta/Taytay/Antipolo area. The study has been ongoing for about 15 years, so Linda will just take it over, but she plans on training them in evangelism and discipleship. There may be some non-believers who are new to the group, so pray for discernment on her part.
- Pray for the church in Apalit. The land title we hold is worthless since the man who sold the land to us lost the case against his siblings. Apalit Bible Christian Church is pursuing getting its money back from him, so pray he will pay it all back. One of our elders is also going through a serious ordeal right now; please pray for him, Dr. Jay Torres.
Pastor Max Caindoy
- Pray for a student in Valencia who was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer.
- Bohol Alumni Association review of goals and directions
- Perseverance of our Alumni to teach classes, especially in the new pioneering areas
- Students and CCI partners to have clear goals and directions for their ministries.
Pastor Dement Sumagang
- Pray for his health, family and ministry. He recently resigned from CCIP because of health issues.
Pastor Nonie Riconalla
- Please pray for the upcoming promotions in September and pray for our pioneering church in Bacolod and our training of new teachers to be dispatched to the upcoming new classes.
- Pray that my wife and I could join the national conference in Bohol in October.
- Pray for more funds, trainings, classes, TTWs, volunteer teachers, and more churches to accept the CCI trainings.
- Pray for more partners to become involved in class book financing, for many of the students cannot fully afford the increasing price of Cebuano manuals.
Leo De Leon
- Please pray for my health, I’ve had colds for a week, had a fever for a day and am now having itchy rashes. The doctor said I have “tigdas hangin” but she said it has no effect on our baby. Please pray that our baby will still be healthy despite my health condition. Please pray for normal delivery and normal development of our baby.
- Please pray for my laboratory tests this Aug. 25. May all results be normal and we will also have ultrasound to know the gender of the baby.
- Please pray for our upcoming national conference this October 22-27, 2018 at Camp Karis, Bohol. Pray for provision, protection of the staff who will be attending and the preparations.
- Please pray for our church Apalit Bible Christian Church. We have lot problem and we need wisdom and lawyer regarding legal matters.
CCI South Pacific
John & Rosemaree Redshaw
- Church, class & partner visits in New Zealand – Sept/Oct
- Visit by David Nelson to New Zealand & American Samoa – Nov
- Progress in transition to new regional leaders around the South Pacific.
Would you like to receive regular prayer updates and pray regularly for the personnel and ministries of CCI around the world? You can become a PRAYER ADVOCATE and receive a brief email prayer and praise update regularly so you can be up-to-date praying for God to pour out his blessings on the work of CCI. Click HERE to start receiving the prayer emails. Thank you for your commitment to pray for us.
By praying, we together can reach the world for Christ.